Virtual Volunteering - SJ Engage
How You Will Make a Difference
SJ Engage ambassadors will make a huge difference in their community by educating themselves on 4 local issues impacting their everyday lives:
- Mental Health
- Gun Reform.
From there you will be given the chance to speak about your issue of choice in front of City Hall Council or shadow a local nonprofit organization.
- Complete at least 1 learning experience (XP) a week.
- Submit a playlist for approval once completed.
- Encourage lifelong learning in community youth.
- Connect with your local community leaders by shadowing them during "Work Shadow Wednesdays" and boost your resume.
- Have an internship preference opportunity with local government leaders.
- Develop public speaking skills.
- Earn up to 50 community hours by completing all 3 playlists.
Willing to set your own pace by completing all 3 playlists throughout the school year by end of April 2019.
- Prospective volunteers must be comfortable in technology and public speaking.
- Age 13-24