Early Education Services - Library Link
How You Will Make a Difference
Library Links play an essential role in connecting Early Education programs to the diverse communities of San José.
The main goal of a Library Link is to provide peer education, support, and information in a language community members are comfortable with, so that they can fully participate in programs and services. Library Links also ask community members for feedback and help library staff stay informed about community needs and concerns.
The Library Link's role depends on the individual’s interests, with duties including but not limited to: interpretation, translation, cultural competence support, advocacy, peer educator, program facilitator, and outreach coordinator.
Typical day as a Volunteer
- Help with language translation during Storytimes
- Help with language and cultural support for other Early Education programs
- Strengthen the connection between library staff and community members
- Help library staff support the community by finding out what the community needs
- Ask for feedback from community and share with library staff
- Share information with community members about library resources, programs, and opportunities.
- Meet and network with a diverse group of people at the library
- Gain deeper knowledge of Early Education programs
- Opportunity to learn and apply new skills
- Gain deeper understanding of library programs and opportunities
- Add this experience to your resume
- Use us as a professional reference
Flexible days and hours, varying by activities covered and your availability.
- Age 18 or over
- Complete a fingerprint background check (at no cost to you)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Desire to help your community
- Bilingual strongly desired
Early Education Services: firstname.lastname@example.org | (408) 808-2617
- Age Must be at least 18+
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account