Programmatic - Homework Club Coach
Help local students reach academic success at the library and foster their ability to succeed in school.
How You Will Make a Difference
Homework Club Coaches will help young students with their homework in a range of subjects - reading, writing, math, social studies, and science. Watch their confidence grow as they master their homework at the library.
Volunteers are needed to:
- Coach students in groups of one to four
- Assist with enrichment activities with those students who have completed their homework
- Assist with administrative tasks such as record keeping
- Encourages lifelong learning to community youth
- Connect with your community and provide a desired service
- Share or gain experience with program management skills
- Develop mentoring skills
- Learn ways to coach, promote learning, and refine teaching skills
Homework Club Coaches need to commit to 2 hours per week, for the duration of the school year or at least six months.
Prospective volunteers should:
- Be 18 or Older
- Complete Homework Club Volunteer Training
- Have experience or interest in working with youth
- Have strong oral communication skills
- Be dependable, patient, and flexible
- Complete a fingerprint background check, at no cost to you.
- Bilingual skills are highly desired, but not required
- Age Must be at least 18+
- Library Homework Club Training Completed Must be Yes
- Oral and written communication skills in English Must be at least High
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account