Programmatic - ELL Conversation Club Facilitator
Are you looking for a rewarding way to help members of your community improve their English language skills? Do you have a passion for guiding and supporting eager learners?
How You Will Make a Difference
Conversation Club Volunteers help enhance the library’s services to English language learners. The goal of the ELL Conversation Club is to create an opportunity for people to practice their English conversation skills in a respectful and welcoming environment. Your willingness to help students achieve their learning goals as English learners will continue to move our community forward.
Volunteers are needed to:
- Facilitate a class using provided curriculum and instructional resources.
- Communicate with the Volunteer Coordinator regarding program needs.
- Collaborate to offer suggestions in achieving the best learning outcomes for all students.
- Encourage lifelong learning to English learners,
- Make personal connections with new immigrants in the community,
- Share or gain experience with other adult learners,
- Develop mentoring skills,
- Join forces with other community volunteers.
Willingness to volunteer weekly for one hour on Wednesday or Tuesday mornings. Schedule is dependent on the availability of the volunteer.
Prospective volunteers should:
- Be comfortable working with groups of English learners in a group setting.
- Be dependable, punctual, team player and responsible.
- Complete a fingerprint background check, at no cost to you. Only required if you are 18 years or older.
- Age Must be at least 18+
- Oral and written communication skills in English Must be at least High
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account