Library Services - Library Services Volunteer
Are you looking for a rewarding way to help your community? Do you enjoy walking into a library that looks clean and inviting? Would you love to organize and help the library? Then join our team of volunteers!
How You Will Make a Difference
The library is a wonderful space where people from all ages come together to learn, explore, and work. The San José Public Library is looking for enthusiastic volunteers to maintain and improve our libraries. By volunteering, you will make a valuable contribution to your community by ensuring that all who use the library can easily access the materials, programs, and services in a positive and inviting environment.
- Organize and display materials
- Shelve and inspect selected materials
- Help maintain a clean and welcoming library environment
- Assist with programs
- Other opportunities include special projects and more
*Actual activities will be dependent on current needs of the library
- Meet new people and network with library staff and volunteers
- Gain experience for your resumé and/or college application
- Connect with your community to provide an important service
Willingness to volunteer for a minimum of 1-2 hours per week for a 6-month commitment (may vary depending on library branch)
Prospective volunteers should:
- Be able to file alphabetically, follow directions, and work independently
- Attend multiple training sessions at the library
- Be dependable, punctual, and responsible
- Complete a fingerprint background check, at no cost to you. Only required if you are 18 years or older
- Age Must be at least 15+
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account