Programmatic - Teens Reach
Teens Reach provides a key way for young adults to build their leadership skills by developing and participating in library activities, as well as becoming library advisors and advocates. Be part of a fun volunteering opportunity for teens between the ages of 13-18. Earn community service credit while supporting the library by assisting with library programs, promotion, and representing the library's teen point-of-view. Attend our monthly meetings and have your say.
- Age must be between the ages of 13-18 years old
- Have a strong interest in the library and/or serving their community.
- Enjoy working with people of all ages and cultures.
- Be willing to learn new skills.
- Submit paperwork signed by parent/guardian.
- Complete a short on-site training
- Create and log hours in BetterImpact Account
- Must commit to volunteering for at least 3 months.
- Gain new skills such as: program management, organizing, communication, and leadership skills.
- Receive community service hours
- Learn about other volunteer opportunities associated with the library and City of San Jose
Tasks Can Include:
- Attend monthly meetings on the 2nd Wednesday of each month from 4-5pm, see schedule here
- Assisting with library system programs such as: Summer Learning
- Help create and/or host programs for the library community, specifically for children and teens
- Prepare and help host craft programs for children and teens
- Assist with Friends of the Library Booksales and other fund-raising
- Age Must be at least 13+