Programmatic - SJ Engage
How You Will Make a Difference
SJ Engage ambassadors will make a huge difference in their community by educating themselves on 4 local issues impacting their everyday lives:
- Mental Health
- Gun Reform.
From there you will be given the chance to speak about your issue of choice in front of City Hall Council or shadow a local nonprofit organization.
Typical day as a Volunteer
- Step 1: Sign up on sjpl.org/sjengage
- Step 2: Click on "Register" to create a profile on lrng.org
- Step 3: Complete all groups of learning experiences known as "Playlists"
- Encourage lifelong learning in community youth.
- Connect with your local community leaders by shadowing them during "Work Shadow Wednesdays".
- Have an internship preference opportunity with local government leaders.
- Develop public speaking skills.
- Earn up to 50 community hours by completing all 3 playlists.
Willing to set your own pace by completing all 3 playlists throughout the school year by end of April 2020.
- Prospective volunteers must be comfortable in technology and public speaking.
- Age 13-24
- Age Must be at least 13+