Programmatic - Bilingual (Spanish and English) Homework Coach
Help local students reach academic success at the library and foster their ability to succeed in school.
Volunteers must commit to volunteer for the entire Fall semester or the entire Spring semester or both. If a volunteer can't attend a particular day due to illness or other reasons, the volunteer must let the volunteer coordinator know.
How You Will Make a Difference
Homework Club Coaches will help young students with their homework in a range of subjects - reading, writing, math, social studies, and science. Watch their confidence grow as they master their homework at the library.
Volunteers are needed to:
- Coach students in groups of one to four
- Assist with enrichment activities with those students who have completed their homework
- Pass out monthly event lists to parents and families in the library, and promote the Homework Club to them.
- Wipe tables before and after Homework Club to ensure a healthy learning environment.
- Volunteer on Tuesdays from 3:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m.
- Encourages lifelong learning for community youth
- Connect with your community and provide a desired service
- Share or gain experience with program management skills
- Develop mentoring skills
- Learn ways to coach, promote learning, and refine teaching skills
Homework Club Coaches need to commit to one hour each Tuesday, for either the Fall Semester or the Spring Semester. Volunteers are needed from August - December 2023 and January through May 2024.
Prospective volunteers should:
- Commit to volunteering every Tuesday from 3:00 until 4:00 for the entire Fall semester or the entire Spring semester or both.
- Complete the Homework Club Volunteer Training
- Have experience and/or interest in working with youth
- Have strong oral communication skills in both Spanish and English
- Be dependable, patient, and flexible
- Complete a fingerprint background check, at no cost to you. Only required if you are 18 years or older
- Ability to speak, read and write in both Spanish and English.
If you have any questions about this volunteer position, please email Dawn at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age Must be at least 15+
- In-Person Online Volunteer Training Completed Must be Yes
- Library Homework Club Training Completed Must be Yes
- Oral and written communication skills in English Must be at least Medium
- Oral and written communication skills in Spanish Must be at least Medium
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account