Programmatic - Homework Club Coach (Teen)
Help local school children with their homework and foster their ability to succeed in school. Watch their confidence build as they master their homework at the Library.
- Help young students with their homework in a range of subjects - reading, writing, math, social studies, and science
- Coach students in groups of one to four
- Assist with enrichment activities with those students who have completed their homework
- Assist with administrative tasks such as record keeping
- Bring your homework/Do your homework when you have no students to help. Make the Homework Club a place to do homework, even your own.
- Complete Homework Club Volunteer Training
- An online training will also be available in September and October for those unable to make it to the in-person training
- Experience or interest working with youth
- Strong oral communication skills a must
- Dependable, patient, and flexible
- Second language ability a plus, but not required
- Fingerprint clearance required for volunteers age 18 and over
- Homework Coaches are needed on Wednesdays from 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm for minimum of 1 semester during the school year.
- This opportunity is open to volunteers ages 15 and up.
- Homework Coaches need to commit to 1.5 hours a week, four days per month for 1 semester.
- Age Must be at least 15+
- Library Homework Club Training Completed Must be Yes
This activity generally occurs on
- Wednesday Evening