Virtual Volunteering - SJ Engage
Are you looking for a new way to volunteer by exploring digital volunteerism? San José Public Library is looking for passionate community leaders ages 13-18 in helping to make a difference in their community while unlocking real-world opportunities.
How You Will Make a Difference
SJ Engage ambassadors will make a difference in their community by educating themselves on local issues impacting their everyday lives through online course:
- Global Climate Change
- Gun Violence in the United States
- Homelessness and Poverty
- Immigration in the United States
- Mental Health
Volunteers are needed to:
- Sign up on sjpl.org/sjengage
- Select an SJ Engage course to learn
- Complete courses and respond to what you learned
- Encourage lifelong learning in community youth.
- Inspire youth to develop social action projects.
- Connect with local issues and nonprofits.
Willing to set your own pace by completing courses throughout the year.
Prospective volunteers should:
- Be comfortable with technology
- Be within 13-18 years of age
- Age Must be at least 13+
- Virtual Volunteer Training Completed Must be Yes