Programmatic - Citizenship Class Instructor
Help people to become US citizens! U.S. Citizenship Reading and Writing Practice will
be offered once a week and we want to provide tools and knowledge needed to pass the
- Facilitate weekly Reading and Writing and 100 civic question practice at the library
- (optional) Facilitate mock interviews with students.
- Encourage students in their efforts and be a positive role model
- Review students sentences and pronunciation, and provide appropriate feedback
- Be punctual and professional in class
- Attend training by library staff and maintain ongoing communication with staff
Satisfaction that you have changed the lives of residents of the community.
Opportunity to learn more about other cultures and beliefs by working with students.
Your community involvement and tutoring work provide real-life skills and experiences that you can include on future resumés and applications.
Skills & Qualifications:
Age 18 or older
Ability to speak, write and read English with proficiency
- Bilingual in Spanish or Vietnamese preferred but not required.
Knowledge of citizenship resources preferred
Good person-to-person skills: dependable, prompt, patient and flexible, respectful, able to maintain confidentiality
A willingness to be open to other cultures and ways of thinking
- Basic computer skills
Fingerprint clearance required for 18+ years and older (SJPL will cover the cost)
Commitment of one- to two-hour weekly U.S. Citizenship class for a period of 6 months or more.
- Age Must be at least 18+
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account