Virtual Volunteering - Tutorial Video Creator (Virtual)
Calling all amateur YouTubers with a passion for volunteering! San José Public Library is looking for enthusiastic volunteers who are willing to share their skills and talents on the SJPL YouTube Channel by creating tutorial videos.
How You Will Make a Difference
Tutorial Video Creators play a pivotal role in encouraging San José residents of all ages to try something new with step-by-step tutorial videos. By creating informative and inspiring videos, you will encourage other San José Public Library users to create and share in your passion city-wide.
Volunteers are needed to:
- Film a tutorial video using their recording equipment
- Edit the video for viewing
- Follow Creative Commons and Fair Use Laws
- Provide video to SJPL for upload to our YouTube Channel
- Encourage lifelong learning to the community through creative video tutorials
- Share your passion with the community
- Connect with your community and provide a desired service
- Share or gain experience with recording technology and online program management skills
Schedule is dependent on the availability of the volunteer and will require self-direction and time management skills.
Prospective volunteers should:
- Be comfortable developing scripts, creating and editing videos, and providing their materials for tutorials
- Age Must be at least 13+
- Oral and written communication skills in English Must be at least Medium
- Skilled in basic internet, email, and Microsoft Office Must be Yes