Friends of the Library - Friends of the Library
How You Will Make a Difference
The Friends of the Library support, advocate, and raise funds for our library through ongoing book sales of gently used books. The proceeds from Friends fund-raising activities, are shared with the branch for purchasing various items not covered by city funding such as additional programming, collection development, and holiday decorations. This is an excellent opportunity for those looking to expand their leadership skills and make a high-level impact on their local community.
It is also a great volunteer position for someone who likes a quiet space to work by themselves or with a small group of people and who does not have to do a lot of customer interaction.
Volunteers are needed to:
- Assist with sorting/organizing donated materials
- Assist with the big book sales, including setting up, merchandising, selling books, and post-sale clean up
- Participate in bi-monthly group meetings
- Meet new people
- Connect with your community
- Build or enhance your teamwork skills
Prospective volunteers should:
- Be dependable, punctual, and responsible
- Complete a fingerprint background check, at no cost to you. Only required if you are 18 years or older
- Age Must be at least 18+
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account