Virtual Volunteering - Film Club Leader (Virtual)
Are you a film buff looking for a fun way to connect with your community? San José Public Library is looking for an enthusiastic volunteer to lead and facilitate an online film club and bring folks together through a love of film.
How You Will Make a Difference
Virtual Film Club Leaders would fill a vital role in creating that all-important social connection for other film lovers in your community.
Volunteers are needed to:
- Select appropriate and widely accessible film titles available online to view (such as using Hoopla, our online eMovie resource)
- Lead and facilitate positive discussions using the Zoom meeting platform with SJPL staff support
- Engage with new people
- Listen attentively and involve everyone in the discussion
- Connect with your community and provide a much-needed social outlet
- Gain experience with program management skills
- Develop communication skills
- Willingness to volunteer at least once a month for a 6 month duration. Schedule is dependent on the availability of the volunteer.
Prospective volunteers should:
- Be comfortable in leading online meetings and engaging with new people using the Zoom meeting platform
- Be dependable, punctual, and responsible
- Complete a fingerprint background check, at no cost to you. Only required if you are 18 years or older
- Age Must be at least 18+