Programmatic - Homework Club Supervisor
Flex your leadership skills by becoming a Library Homework Club Supervisor!
Homework Clubs provide after-school assistance for K-8 children free of charge. San Jose Public Library is expanding this program to additional branches and are looking for experienced, dedicated community members to help coordinate these new clubs.
Homework Club supervisor will occupy a key leadership position and help to recruit, train, and schedule other volunteers. They will also assist with promoting their Club to the public and maintain records for reporting purposes. We will provide training on recruitment, promotion and record keeping.
This is a perfect opportunity for anyone interested in leading their own program and supporting education. Calabazas Branch Library is planning on hosting a club in the afternoons Wednesdays from 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm.
- Age 18 or older (21 or older preferred)
- Experience working with youth
- High degree of initiative and creativity
- Excellent leadership skills
- Ability to develop and work with a team
- Excellent oral communication and written skills
- Ability to organize projects
- Fingerprint clearance required for volunteers 18 or over
- 6 month commitment, at least 2 hours a week.
- Age Must be at least 18+