Friends of the Library - Friends of the Library Book Sale
Friends of the Library Book Sale
Help the Friends of the Evergreen Library with moving, unpacking, arranging, selling, repacking, and storing books related to their quarterly book sale, which supports Evergreen programming and services.
Skills/ Experience Needed:
- Task oriented. We need you to stay focused and be able to work solo or as part of a team.
- Flexible. There are a lot of different tasks that need to get done to prepare for the book sale.
- Dependable and reliable.
- Active teensReach participation is required of 13 and 14 year old volunteers.
- Strong oral communication skills
- Fingerprint clearance required for volunteers age 18 and over
Commitment: Minimum 3 month commitment. Volunteers must complete a combined 10hrs/quarter to remain an active volunteer (not all hours must come from a single activity). Shifts are the last weekend (Fri-Sat) of January, April, July, and October. Additional shifts may be posted. Volunteers self-schedule for shifts they can attend.
If you have any questions, teens please contact Marsha Malcolm (firstname.lastname@example.org) and adults Dana Lema (email@example.com).
One-time adult volunteers are welcome, but must complete a one-time volunteer form and turn in to a designated library staff member before beginning their shift.
Note: Even if you "sign up" for a particular shift, you need to CONFIRM that shift to hold your space.
To do an 'all-day' shift, please sign up for 9:30am-12:30pm AND 1:30pm-6:00pm. This insures that you get your required 1-hr lunch. All-day volunteers must also take a morning and afternoon 15-minute break.
- Age Must be at least 13+