Youth Commission - San José Youth Advisory Council (YAC)
The City of San Jose’s Youth Commission is recognized as the official youth advisory group to the Mayor and City Council. Youth Commissioners develop policy recommendations concerning youth and support youth who serve their community through civic engagement and participation.
How You Will Make a Difference
Your unique vantage point will assist in implementing changes in your greater community at city government level. The Youth Commission also promotes resources and opportunities available to youth and provides equitable access and support to marginalized youth communities. Be a voice for your generation.
Volunteers are needed to:
- Attend monthly Youth Commission meetings/trainings
- Create and submit individual work plans
- Form district-wide Youth Advisory Councils
- Attend annual Youth Commission summits/trainings
- Connect with your community and provide a desired service
- Share or gain experience in city government
- Build your college and career resumes
- Community service hours
Must be able to attend all mandatory Youth Commission events (exceptions vary and must be pre-approved by Youth Commission Chair and staff.)
Prospective volunteers should:
- Be comfortable with public speaking, outreach and engaging with others
- Possess the ability to take initiative and work independently
- Be dependable, punctual, and responsible
- Possess good basic writing skills
- Age Must be at least 13+
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account