Programmatic - Homework Club Coordinator
Flex your leadership skills by becoming a Library Homework Club Coordinator for the Dr. Roberto Cruz Alum Rock Branch Library! Homework Clubs provide after-school assistance for K-8 students free of charge. San Jose Public Library is looking for experienced, dedicated community members to help coordinate these clubs.
Homework Club Coordinators provide on-site leadership to tutors and students ensuring participants complete homework assignments and practice additional skills as needed.
- Support Homework Club coaches as they provide direct assistance to students
- Monitor Homework Club room and maintain a safe, productive learning environment
- Collaborate with staff to address issues and needs
- Assist with administrative tasks such as record keeping
- Work directly with students and parents as needed
- Complete Homework Club Volunteer Training online
- Experience working with youth; classroom management experience preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Dependable, patient, and flexible
- Second language skills strongly preferred but not required
- Fingerprint clearance required for volunteers age 18 and over
- Homework Club Coordinator(s) needed on Tuesday and/or Wednesday from 3:45 - 6:15 p.m.
- Volunteers must commit to a weekly volunteer shift for a minimum of six months
Alum Rock hosts Homework Club every Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon from 4 - 6 p.m. This is a perfect opportunity for anyone interested in leading their own program and supporting education.
- Age Must be at least 18+
- Library Homework Club Training Complete Must be Yes
- Oral communication and written skills in English Must be at least High