Programmatic - Homework Club Coordinator - 2020-2021 Academic Year
Flex your leadership skills by becoming a Library Homework Club Coordinator for the Dr. Roberto Cruz Alum Rock Branch Library! Homework Clubs provide after-school assistance for K-8 students free of charge. San Jose Public Library is looking for experienced, dedicated community members to help coordinate these clubs.
Homework Club Coordinators provide on-site leadership to tutors and students ensuring participants complete homework assignments and practice additional skills as needed.
- Support Homework Club coaches as they provide direct assistance to students
- Monitor Homework Club room and maintain a safe, productive learning environment
- Collaborate with staff to address issues and needs
- Assist with administrative tasks such as record keeping
- Work directly with students and parents as needed
- Complete Homework Club Volunteer Training online
- Experience working with youth; classroom management experience preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Dependable, patient, and flexible
- Second language skills strongly preferred but not required
- Fingerprint clearance required for volunteers age 18 and over
- Homework Club Coordinator(s) needed on Tuesday and/or Wednesday from 3:45 - 6:15 p.m.
- Volunteers must commit to a weekly volunteer shift for a minimum of six months
Alum Rock hosts Homework Club every Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon from 4 - 6 p.m. This is a perfect opportunity for anyone interested in leading their own program and supporting education.
Based on health and safety standards, Homework Club may be virtual for some time. Once patrons are allowed to do in-person programming, Homework Club volunteers will transition into in-person volunteering.
- Age Must be at least 18+
- Library Homework Club Training Completed Must be Yes
- Oral and written communication skills in English Must be at least High