Virtual Volunteering - Teen Book Reviewer
Are you looking for a fun way to volunteer from home? San José Public Library is looking for avid book readers interested in writing book reviews. Each book you review counts as one hour of volunteering. You can write up to 10 reviews per quarter for a maximum of 10 hours.
How You Will Make a Difference
Teen Book Reviewers play a pivotal role in encouraging other teens to read the same fun books from our library catalog that you're reading.
Volunteers are needed to:
- Write a book review following these guidelines
- Book review must be one paragraph long
- Include a short summary of the book
- Write about what you liked or disliked about the book
- Avoid spoilers
- Send your review to firstname.lastname@example.org. The librarian will ensure it meets the guidelines and get back to you
- Once you hear from the librarian, post your review on our library catalog, sjpl.bibliocommons.com
- Give it an Age rating and a Star rating
- Make sure your review is made public so that it can be seen
- Send the librarian a screenshot of your review, and BOOM! You’ve just earned an hour of volunteer service
- Promotes a love of lifelong reading among youth
- Connect with your community and provide a desired service
- Share your opinions of author's writings
- Develop writing skills
You can write up to 10 reviews per quarter for a maximum of 10 hours. Schedule is dependent on the availability of the volunteer.
July-September: 10 book reviews
October-Dec: 10 book reviews
January-March: 10 book reviews
April-June: 10 book reviews
Please only sign up for one library branch for this volunteer opportunity.
- Age Must be at least 13+