Programmatic - Homework Club Leader (Adult Only)
Flex your leadership skills by becoming a Library Homework Club Leader!
Homework Clubs provide after-school assistance for K-8 children free of charge. San Jose Public Library is looking for experienced, dedicated community members to help lead and supervise these new clubs.
Homework Club Leaders will occupy a key supervisory position to help train and schedule teen Homework Club Coach volunteers. Leaders will also assist with promoting their Club to the public and maintain records for reporting purposes. We will provide training on recruitment, promotion and record keeping.
This is a perfect opportunity for anyone interested in leading their own program and supporting education.
Homework Club meetings will be twice weekly, Mondays and Wednesdays from 3 - 5pm. You will be:
- Setting up the Community Room before Homework Club with the help of teen Coach volunteers
- Supporting the Homework Coach volunteers that are providing homework assistance to students
- Monitor Homework Club activities
- Collaborate with staff to create and provide enrichment activities for students who complete their homework
- Assist with administrative tasks such as record keeping
- Work directly with students on their homework
- Experience or interest working with youth
- Ability to lead a team and support the Homework Coaches
- Ability to organize projects and work
- Ability to work independently
- Age 18+
- High degree of initiative and creativity
- Excellent leadership skills
- Ability to develop and work with a team
- Excellent oral communication and written skills
- Ability to organize projects
- Fingerprint clearance required for volunteers 18 or over
The Edenvale Library Homework Club will be held on Mondays and Wednesdays from 3-5 p.m. between August 14, 2019 and May 19, 2020, except for major holidays when the Oak Grove School District is not in session.
Sign up now!
- Age Must be at least 18+
- Oral communication and written skills in English Must be at least Medium
This activity has the following schedule
|Date||Start Time||End Time|
|Monday, May 18, 2020||3:30 PM||5:30 PM|