Programmatic - ESL Writing Class Instructor
Position Overview: Help enhance the library’s services to English language learners by implementing a volunteer-led English Writing Class.
- Lead the library’s ESL Writing Class
- Increase the community’s awareness about library services, programs & resources
- Evaluate students' ESL writing and grammar skills and provide appropriate feedback
- Satisfaction that you've brought a much-needed service to library customers
- Enhance the library’s position as an essential community agency
- Opportunity to learn new skills
- Social & professional networking with diverse groups of people
- Being part of a successful team
- Assistance from a staff liaison to develop course and provide ongoing support
- Training & support from staff about the library, programs & services
- Library materials, data & technology
- Curriculum activity ideas & suggestions
- Knowledge & experience in the field of English language learning
- Excellent oral communication & written skills
- Ability to organize projects and work
- Good person-to-person skills
- Bilingual skills (Spanish or Vietnamese) a plus but not required
- 12 month commitment of instructing a 1 to 2 hour weekly course at Tully Community Branch Library
- A commitment of preparing a basic lesson plan for each week. Staff can help with this task.
Fingerprint clearance required for volunteers 18 or over.
- Age Must be at least 18+
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account