Programmatic - Homework Club Coach
Help local school children with their homework and foster their ability to succeed in school. Watch their confidence build as they master their homework at the Library. Seven Trees Library hosts Homework Club every Thursday from 4:00pm-6:00pm.
- Help young students with their homework in a range of subjects - reading, writing, math, social studies, and science
- Coach students in groups of one to four
- Assist with enrichment activities with those students who have completed their homework
- Assist with administrative tasks such as record keeping
Skills/ Experience Needed:
- Prior experience tutoring is a plus, but not required
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 recommended. Must have the requisite skills to support elementary school students. This can be strength in one subject area or general knowledge in multiple areas.
- Experience or interest working with youth
- Strong oral communication skills a must
- Dependable, patient, and flexible
- Second language ability a plus, but not required
- Fingerprint clearance required for volunteers age 18 and over
- Homework Coaches need to commit to (minimum) two hours per week for six months
- Age Must be at least 13+
- Oral and written communication skills in English Must be at least High
This activity generally occurs on
- Thursday - Afternoon, Evening
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account