Programmatic - Tech Mentor
The Santa Teresa Branch is looking to expand our wonderful tech mentor offerings and are seeking a couple volunteers available weekly for a 2-hour shift in the afternoons during library open hours.
Provide one-on-one instruction on an assortment of computer applications and operations including using Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, setting up an email account, searching the Internet, using the Library’s eResources, and using the pay-for-print and photocopy machines.
- Age 18 or older
- Ability to use Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Ability to search the Internet and set up an email account
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and with a range of computer abilities.
- Familiarity with PCs, personal devices like tablets and smartphones.
- Minimum 6 month commitment requested.
- Willingness to be available at regularly scheduled times, for at least 2 hours a week
- Age Must be at least 18+
- Skilled in basic internet, email, and Microsoft Office Must be Yes
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday Afternoon
- Tuesday Afternoon
- Wednesday Afternoon
- Thursday Afternoon
- Friday Afternoon
- Saturday Afternoon