Programmatic - Homework Club Coach
Help local school children with their homework and foster their ability to succeed in school. Watch their confidence build as they master their homework at the Library.
- Help young students with their homework in a range of subjects - reading, writing, math, social studies, and science
- Coach students in groups of one to four
- Assist with enrichment activities with those students who have completed their homework
- Assist with administrative tasks such as record keeping
- Complete Homework Club Volunteer Training
- Experience or interest working with youth
- Strong oral communication skills a must
- Dependable, patient, and flexible
- Second language ability a plus, but not required
- Fingerprint clearance required for volunteers age 18 and over
- Homework Tutors are needed on Mondays-Wednesdays and Fridays from 4-6 pm. We ask for a minimum commitment of 1 semester during the school year.
- This opportunity is open to volunteers ages 15 and up.
- Homework Coaches need to commit to two hours a week, two days per month for six months
- Age Must be at least 15+
- Oral communication and written skills in English Must be at least High
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday Afternoon
- Wednesday Afternoon