Programmatic - Homework Club Coach (Teen)
Help local school children with their homework and foster their ability to succeed in school. Watch their confidence build as they master their homework.
- Help young students with their homework in a range of subjects - reading, writing, math, social studies, and science
- Coach students in groups of one to four
- Assist with enrichment activities with those students who have completed their homework
- Assist with administrative tasks such as record keeping
Skills/ Experience Needed:
- Prior experience tutoring is a plus, but not required
- Tutoring of students in Kindergarten-5th grade is open to eligible 8th and 9th graders and up.
- To tutor students in 6th grade - you must be in 10th grade and up.
- Minimum GPA of 3.5 recommended.
- Must have the skills to support elementary school students. This can be strength in one subject area or general knowledge in multiple areas.
- Active Teens Reach participation is required of 13 and 14 year old volunteers.
- Experience or interest working with youth
- Strong oral communication skills
- Dependable, patient, and flexible
- Second language ability a plus, but not required
- Fingerprint clearance required for volunteers once they turn 18
Commitment: Minimum 3 month commitment. Volunteers choose a day of the week (M-Th) and are assigned that shift. Homework Club Coaches are expected to make at least 3 of their assigned shifts a month. Any absences should be communicated to a librarian.
If you meet the above criteria, you may sign up for shifts. Evergreen Homework Club meets every Monday through Thursday from 3:30 - 5:00 pm. If you have any questions, please contact Marsha Malcolm (email@example.com).
- Age Must be at least 13+
- Oral communication and written skills in English Must be at least High
The next 10 shifts (out of 76 total shifts) for this activity are as follows
|Date||Start Time||End Time|
|Monday, September 23, 2019||3:30 PM||5:00 PM|
|Monday, September 23, 2019||4:00 PM||5:00 PM|
|Tuesday, September 24, 2019||3:30 PM||5:00 PM|
|Tuesday, September 24, 2019||4:00 PM||5:00 PM|
|Wednesday, September 25, 2019||3:30 PM||5:00 PM|
|Thursday, September 26, 2019||3:30 PM||5:00 PM|
|Thursday, September 26, 2019||4:00 PM||5:00 PM|
|Monday, September 30, 2019||3:30 PM||5:00 PM|
|Monday, September 30, 2019||4:00 PM||5:00 PM|
|Tuesday, October 01, 2019||3:30 PM||5:00 PM|