Programmatic - Homework Club Coach (Teen)
Help local school children with their homework and foster their ability to succeed in school. Watch their confidence build as they master their homework at the Library.
- Help young students with their homework in a range of subjects - reading, writing, math, social studies, and science
- Coach students in groups of one to four
- Assist with enrichment activities with those students who have completed their homework
- Assist with administrative tasks such as record keeping
- Complete Homework Club Volunteer Training
- Attend one of the in-person training sessions at the Dr. Martin Luther King Library, Wednesday, August 29th 3:00 -5:00 pm, or Saturday, September 8th 4:00-6:00 pm
- An online training will also be available in September and October for those unable to make it to the in-person training
- Experience or interest working with youth
- Strong oral communication skills a must
- Dependable, patient, and flexible
- Second language ability a plus, but not required
- Fingerprint clearance required for volunteers age 18 and over
- Homework Tutors are needed on Tuesdays-Thursdays from 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm starting Tuesday, September 3rd, 2019, for minimum of 1 semester during the school year.
- This opportunity is open to volunteers ages 13 and up.
- Homework Coaches need to commit to two hours a week, two days per month for six months
- Age Must be at least 13+