Programmatic - Homework Club Coordinator
Flex your leadership skills by becoming a Library Homework Club Coordinator!
Homework Clubs provide after-school assistance for K-8 children free of charge. San Jose Public Library is expanding this program to additional branches and are looking for experienced, dedicated community members to help coordinate these new clubs.
Homework Club Coordinators will occupy a key leadership position and help to recruit, train, and schedule other volunteers. They will also assist with promoting their Club to the public and maintain records for reporting purposes. We will provide training on recruitment, promotion and record keeping.
This is a perfect opportunity for anyone interested in leading their own program and supporting education.
- Age 18 or older (21 or older preferred)
- Experience working with youth
- High degree of initiative and creativity
- Excellent leadership skills
- Ability to develop and work with a team
- Excellent oral communication and written skills
- Ability to organize projects
- Fingerprint clearance required
- 12 month commitment, one and a half hours a week with flexible schedule
- Homework club will meet on Mondays - Thursdays from 3:30-5:00 pm from September 4, 2018 to June 6, 2019.
- Club will not be held during library or school district holidays.
- Able to Read and Understand English Must be at least Yes
- Age Must be at least 18+
- Assignment Type Preference Must be at least Individual
- How often do you want to volunteer? Must be at least Weekly
- Oral communication and written skills in English Must be at least High