Programmatic - Resume and Job Search Coach
Interested in giving back to your community in a meaningful way? Consider volunteering to help others find employment or make a career change.
How You Will Make a Difference
Resume and Job Search Coach play a pivotal role in encouraging San José job seekers in gaining the confidence they need to reach their goal of landing their dream job.
Volunteers are needed to:
- Review and edit resumes for library users seeking employment at all skill levels
- Assist in navigating online job searches and applications
- Assist in creating email accounts and communicating with prospective employers as needed
- Explore potential career changes with library users including new job roles, positions, and industries
- Connect with your community and provide a desired service
- Help someone reach a career goal
- Develop mentoring skills
Willingness to volunteer at least once a month for a 6-month duration. Schedule is dependent on the availability of the volunteer.
Prospective volunteers should:
- Be comfortable engaging with new people using the Zoom meeting platform
- Be comfortable using online search tools, email, and document development software (e.g. Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat Reader, etc.)
- Become familiar with library resources including but not limited to career development materials and related library programming
- Have experience in human resources, administration, or education is highly desirable but not required
- Complete a fingerprint background check, at no cost to you. Only required if you are 18 years or older
- Bilingual skills are highly desired, but not required
- Age Must be at least 18+
- Oral and written communication skills in English Must be at least High
- Skilled in basic internet, email, and Microsoft Office Must be Yes