Virtual Volunteering - Teens Reach (Virtual Meet-Up)
Teens Reach provides a key way for young adults to build their leadership skills by developing and participating in library activities, as well as becoming library advisors and advocates. Be part of a fun volunteering opportunity for teens between the ages of 13-18. Earn community service credit while supporting the library by assisting with library programs, promotion, and representing the library's teen point-of-view. Attend our monthly meetings and have your say.
While our location is closed to the public, we will be offering virtual meet-ups on Zoom. New members are still encourage to sign-up for Teens Reach and get community service hours for attending virtual meetings.
- Age must be between the ages of 13-18 years old
- Have a strong interest in the library and/or serving their community.
- Enjoy working with people of all ages and cultures.
- Be willing to learn new skills.
- Submit paperwork signed by parent/guardian.
- Complete a short on-site training
- Create and log hours in BetterImpact Account (can be done with help of a staff member)
- Must commit to volunteering for at least 6 months.
- Gain new skills such as: program management, organizing, communication, and leadership skills.
- Receive community service hours
- Learn about other volunteer opportunities associated with the Library and City of San Jose
- Signed Letter of Recommendation
- Easy to attend!
- Attend monthly meetings
- Assist with Library system programs such as: Summer Learning
- Help create and/or host programs for the Library community, specifically for children and teens
- Prepare and help host craft programs for children and teens
- Create reviews for books, media, and/or events to be shared with the library community.
- Assist with Friends of the Library book sales
- Age Must be at least 13+