Programmatic - Teens Reach
Teens Reach provides a key way for young adults to build leadership skills by developing and participating in library activities, as well as becoming library advisors and advocates. Be part of a fun volunteering opportunity for teens between the ages of 13-18.Earn community service credit while supporting the library by assisting with library programs, promotion, and representing the library's teen point-of-view. Attend our monthly meetings and have your say!
- Must be between the ages of 13-18 years old
- Have a strong interest in the library and/or serving your community
- Enjoy working with people of all ages and cultures
- Be willing to learn new skills
- Submit paperwork signed by parent/guardian
- Complete a short virtual training
- Create and log hours in BetterImpact Account (can be done with help of a staff member)
- Gain new skills such as: program management, organizing, communication, and leadership skills
- Receive community service hours
- Learn about other volunteer opportunities associated with the Library and the City of San Jose
- Signed letter of recommendation
- We feed you!
- Attend monthly meetings
- Assist with library system programs such as: Summer Learning
- Help create and/or host programs for the Library community, specifically for children and teens
- Prepare and help host craft programs for children and teens
- Assist with Friends of the Library Book Sales
- Age Must be at least 13+
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account