Volunteer Opportunities - Emergency/Homeless Shelter Support Services, Rock Bay Landing Shelter
To apply, please contact directly (do not apply through Volunteer Victoria website):
Erin Gallagher: email@example.com, 250.383.1951x4
Volunteer Administrator, Cool Aid Shelters
Role: Emergency/Homeless Shelter Support Services (Volunteer)
Location / Venue:
Rock Bay Landing Emergency Shelter, 535 Ellice Street Victoria, BC
Are you committed to creating a safe and welcoming space for some of our community's most marginalized people? Do you want to have a direct impact in the lives of men and women experiencing homelessness?
The Victoria Cool Aid Society supports men and women experiencing homelessness throughout the greater Victoria area. We're looking for volunteers to assist in providing essential services at the Rock Bay Landing shelter - Victoria's largest emergency/homeless shelter. We are committed to working in a nonjudgmental way with people who are homeless and otherwise marginalized.
Help us maintain some of our shelter's most essential services. Duties vary and include sorting new donations, signing people up to use the showers, organizing, chatting with residents, helping clients access warm, weather-appropriate clothing, making and sharing a cup of coffee, and most importantly ensuring that our shelters are a safe and welcoming space for the people who need to access services here.
Volunteers within our shelters typically work once a week for shifts between 1 and 3 hours. Daytime, evening and weekend shifts are available, with some scheduling flexibility available. Please contact us if you need to discuss your scheduling needs.
Please email Erin Gallagher, volunteer administrator for Cool Aid's shelters (firstname.lastname@example.org), to find out more information and apply for this opportunity to make a difference in the lives of people experiencing homelessness.
Please note that volunteers who work directly with shelter clients are required to complete a criminal record check prior to commencing their volunteer role. We'll walk you through this process, which is free for volunteers. At this time, all volunteers working within are shelters must be at least 19 years of age.
Thanks so much for your interest in volunteering with the Victoria Cool Aid Society. You can find out more about our organization by visiting www.coolaid.org .
- CPR Level "C" Must be Asset
- Criminal Record Check Must be Mandatory to Volunteer
- Current WHMIS Certification Must be Asset
This activity occurs between Tuesday, September 06, 2016 and Tuesday, May 08, 2018
- Monday - All Day
- Tuesday - All Day
- Wednesday - All Day
- Thursday - All Day
- Friday - All Day
- Saturday - All Day
- Sunday - All Day
VICTORIA COOL AID SOCIETY
Homelessness touches many lives at a significant cost to communities. The Cool Aid Society has been a key player in the work to end homelessness in the Capital Region for decades and, with your help, is developing 360 more apartments for people who are currently homeless.
We act to end homelessness by working in partnership with others to develop community-based solutions. We are committed to working in a non-judgmental way with adults experiencing marginalization in Greater Victoria by advocating for and providing emergency shelter, supportive housing, integrated health care and other support services.
The Victoria Cool Aid Society acts to end homelessness and improve our quality of life by working with others to build a community where:
- No one is forced to sleep on the street or go hungry.
- Everyone who needs supportive housing is getting it.
- Integrated health care service to treat illness and promote wellness is provided.
- Integrated services are provided to those with mental health and addiction issues.
- We demonstrate reliability, good faith and integrity in all our relationships
- We foster a workplace culture that embraces innovation, teamwork, leadership and knowledge sharing.
- We make and keep our commitments.
- We are accountable for our actions and measure and share our contribution to the community.
- We appreciate and acknowledge the contributions of our employees, volunteers, donors and partners.
- We support and value participation, build partnerships, and encourage shared leadership in our community.
- We treat all people with respect, dignity and fairness.
- We look at the environment through the eyes of our clients.
- We are innovative, learn from our experiences and the input of others, and make effective change.
- We are action oriented and advocate for those we serve.
- We are committed to promoting fairness and equity within our organization.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyVolunteerPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account