Volunteer Opportunities - Kitchen Support, Rock Bay Landing shelter
To apply, please contact directly (do not apply through Volunteer Victoria website):
Erin Gallagher: email@example.com, 250.383.1951x4
Volunteer Administrator, Cool Aid Shelters
Location / Venue:
Rock Bay Landing Emergency Shelter
535 Ellice Street
Rock Bay Landing is Victoria's largest emergency shelter, each night hosting more than 100 men and women experiencing homelessness. Together, volunteers and staff provide essential services and strive to create a safe and welcoming space for people in need.
We're looking for help from volunteers in our meal program, which provides 3 nutritious meals per day to everyone staying within our shelter. It's an opportunity to be on the front lines of addressing poverty and hunger in the Victoria community.
Specifically, we're looking for volunteers who are committed to providing nonjudgmental support to people in need and are comfortable in a kitchen environment. Volunteers will need to be available from 7am to 8am, 11am to 12:30pm, or 3:45pm to 6pm, one or more days per week.
Volunteers will need to pass a criminal record check for working with vulnerable adults prior to beginning their volunteer position, and volunteers are required to have Foodsafe certification for this role.
If you're passionate about providing essential services to people in need in the Victoria community, please apply directly by emailing the Rock Bay Landing volunteer coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning the contact number listed above. Thank you!
- CPR Level "C" Must be Asset
- Criminal Record Check Must be Mandatory to Volunteer
- Current WHMIS Certification Must be Asset
- FoodSafe Level1 Must be Mandatory to Volunteer
This activity occurs between Tuesday, September 06, 2016 and Wednesday, September 06, 2017
- Monday - All Day
- Tuesday - All Day
- Wednesday - All Day
- Thursday - All Day
- Friday - All Day
- Saturday - All Day
- Sunday - All Day
VICTORIA COOL AID SOCIETY
Homelessness touches many lives at a significant cost to communities. The Cool Aid Society has been a key player in the work to end homelessness in the Capital Region for decades and, with your help, is developing 360 more apartments for people who are currently homeless.
We act to end homelessness by working in partnership with others to develop community-based solutions. We are committed to working in a non-judgmental way with adults experiencing marginalization in Greater Victoria by advocating for and providing emergency shelter, supportive housing, integrated health care and other support services.
The Victoria Cool Aid Society acts to end homelessness and improve our quality of life by working with others to build a community where:
- No one is forced to sleep on the street or go hungry.
- Everyone who needs supportive housing is getting it.
- Integrated health care service to treat illness and promote wellness is provided.
- Integrated services are provided to those with mental health and addiction issues.
- We demonstrate reliability, good faith and integrity in all our relationships
- We foster a workplace culture that embraces innovation, teamwork, leadership and knowledge sharing.
- We make and keep our commitments.
- We are accountable for our actions and measure and share our contribution to the community.
- We appreciate and acknowledge the contributions of our employees, volunteers, donors and partners.
- We support and value participation, build partnerships, and encourage shared leadership in our community.
- We treat all people with respect, dignity and fairness.
- We look at the environment through the eyes of our clients.
- We are innovative, learn from our experiences and the input of others, and make effective change.
- We are action oriented and advocate for those we serve.
- We are committed to promoting fairness and equity within our organization.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyVolunteerPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account