Volunteer Opportunities - Every Step Counts, running program Volunteer Opportunity Position: Pace lead/session support
- • Arrive on time, and stay for the duration of session
- • Take out a group or “pod” of walkers or runners for a 50 minute walk or run, keeping time and ensuring no one is left behind.
- • Socialize with participants and help to create a welcoming, positive and supportive environment.
- • Provide support to the program coordinator in helping to set out water and lunch, keeping focus during stretching, and with light clean up.
- • Respect and uphold confidentiality of participants, other volunteers and the program.
- • Thoughtful communication: lending an ear-and actively noticing any dynamics that may need follow-up.
- • Help to cultivate mindfulness in the group by keeping conversation light and focused on the present.
- CPR Level "C" Must be Asset
- Criminal Record Check Must be Mandatory to Volunteer
This activity occurs between Wednesday, June 08, 2016 and Wednesday, June 14, 2017
- Tuesday Afternoon
- Wednesday - Afternoon, Evening
- Thursday Afternoon
- Friday - Afternoon, Evening
VICTORIA COOL AID SOCIETY
Homelessness touches many lives at a significant cost to communities. The Cool Aid Society has been a key player in the work to end homelessness in the Capital Region for decades and, with your help, is developing 360 more apartments for people who are currently homeless.
We act to end homelessness by working in partnership with others to develop community-based solutions. We are committed to working in a non-judgmental way with adults experiencing marginalization in Greater Victoria by advocating for and providing emergency shelter, supportive housing, integrated health care and other support services.
The Victoria Cool Aid Society acts to end homelessness and improve our quality of life by working with others to build a community where:
- No one is forced to sleep on the street or go hungry.
- Everyone who needs supportive housing is getting it.
- Integrated health care service to treat illness and promote wellness is provided.
- Integrated services are provided to those with mental health and addiction issues.
- We demonstrate reliability, good faith and integrity in all our relationships
- We foster a workplace culture that embraces innovation, teamwork, leadership and knowledge sharing.
- We make and keep our commitments.
- We are accountable for our actions and measure and share our contribution to the community.
- We appreciate and acknowledge the contributions of our employees, volunteers, donors and partners.
- We support and value participation, build partnerships, and encourage shared leadership in our community.
- We treat all people with respect, dignity and fairness.
- We look at the environment through the eyes of our clients.
- We are innovative, learn from our experiences and the input of others, and make effective change.
- We are action oriented and advocate for those we serve.
- We are committed to promoting fairness and equity within our organization.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyVolunteerPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account