Volunteer Opportunities - Harm Reduction Packing at the Rock Bay Landing Shelter (535 Ellice Street)
Please apply directly (do not apply through the Volunteer Victoria website) by emailing Erin Gallagher, Volunteer Administrator for Cool Aid's shelters, at EGallagher@CoolAid.org or phoning 250.383.1951x4.
Harm Reduction Packing at the Rock Bay Landing Shelter (535 Ellice Street)...
Do you enjoy working as part of a group? Are you interested in learning about addictions, harm reduction, and public health? Do you care about saving the lives of men and women experiencing homelessness and active addiction?
The Rock Bay Landing shelter gives out harm reduction supplies, including safer smoking kits and safer injection kits, helping to help prevent the spread of potential deadly infections, including HIV and Hep C.
We need help from dedicated volunteers in putting together these kits. This is usually done by a volunteer group, once every two weeks, at a time which works well for our volunteer team members.
This volunteer role is open to youth!
Please apply directly (do not apply through the Volunteer Victoria website) by emailing Erin Gallagher, Volunteer Administrator for Cool Aid's shelters, at EGallagher@CoolAid.org or phoning 250.383.1951x4. Thank you!
- CPR Level "C" Must be Asset
- Criminal Record Check Must be Asset
This activity occurs between Tuesday, September 06, 2016 and Tuesday, September 05, 2017
- Monday - All Day
- Tuesday - All Day
- Wednesday - All Day
- Thursday - All Day
- Friday - All Day
- Saturday - All Day
- Sunday - All Day
VICTORIA COOL AID SOCIETY
Homelessness touches many lives at a significant cost to communities. The Cool Aid Society has been a key player in the work to end homelessness in the Capital Region for decades and, with your help, is developing 360 more apartments for people who are currently homeless.
We act to end homelessness by working in partnership with others to develop community-based solutions. We are committed to working in a non-judgmental way with adults experiencing marginalization in Greater Victoria by advocating for and providing emergency shelter, supportive housing, integrated health care and other support services.
The Victoria Cool Aid Society acts to end homelessness and improve our quality of life by working with others to build a community where:
- No one is forced to sleep on the street or go hungry.
- Everyone who needs supportive housing is getting it.
- Integrated health care service to treat illness and promote wellness is provided.
- Integrated services are provided to those with mental health and addiction issues.
- We demonstrate reliability, good faith and integrity in all our relationships
- We foster a workplace culture that embraces innovation, teamwork, leadership and knowledge sharing.
- We make and keep our commitments.
- We are accountable for our actions and measure and share our contribution to the community.
- We appreciate and acknowledge the contributions of our employees, volunteers, donors and partners.
- We support and value participation, build partnerships, and encourage shared leadership in our community.
- We treat all people with respect, dignity and fairness.
- We look at the environment through the eyes of our clients.
- We are innovative, learn from our experiences and the input of others, and make effective change.
- We are action oriented and advocate for those we serve.
- We are committed to promoting fairness and equity within our organization.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyVolunteerPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account