Archives and Local History - Oral History Transcriber
Oral History Transcriber Volunteers accurately interpret and translate audio and audiovisual data from recorded oral history interviews into text. These volunteers also write brief interview summaries and interviewee biographies.
- Ability to hear and interpret audio interviews
- Typing, grammar, and punctuation skills
- Ability to read small font
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently
Training and support include:
- Stop/Start software and Google Drive templates
- Transcription standards
- Collections handling
Schedule is flexible and negotiable.
- What is your age range? Must be at least 16 years or older
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - All Day
- Tuesday - All Day
- Wednesday - All Day
- Thursday - All Day
- Friday - All Day
- Saturday - All Day
- Sunday - All Day
Welcome to Archives & Local History, located at our Castle Rock branch:
100 S. Wilcox St.
Castle Rock, CO 80104
DCL's Archives and Local History Department serves Douglas County, Colorado by collecting, preserving, and providing the greater community with access to its ongoing history.
Volunteer opportunities include: transcribing oral history, conducting oral history interviews, indexing old photography, and more.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account