Docents - 3rd Grade Docent
Educate school groups on the fauna and wildlife at the Santa Rosa Plateau.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
(Depending on the area of assignment, duties may include, but are not limited to, the following)
Represent RivCoParks in a positive manner at all times.
- Greets visitors and determine appropriate fees based on usage of services; collects fees, issues receipts and permits
- Assist park interpreter and/or park ranger in the planning and development of natural science and historical interpretive and conservation education programs
- Organize and participate in nature walks, campfire programs, and other natural science and historical interpretive activities.
- Assist in the coordination of schools and community organizations in regard to their visit to site.
- Answer inquiries and provide information on services, rules, and regulations in person and over the phone; observes established procedures to ensure the safety and security of visitors including refusing entry to persons not conforming to regulations.
- Communicate potential or actual problems to park interpreter or park ranger
- Assists in the maintenance of interpretive buildings, exhibits, nature trails, cleanup of site structures and grounds; work with maintenance personnel on minor construction, maintenance, repair, and improvement of structures, facilities, and grounds.
- Prepare and train volunteers through orientation, tour, and on-the-job training
- Organize and schedule volunteers in an efficient and timely manner
- Provide the tools necessary for volunteers to complete volunteer assignments
- Evaluate staff (employees and volunteers) performance
- Recognize and reward volunteers as valued members of the staff team
- Coordinate and work schedule set by park interpreter or park ranger.
- Provide excellent customer service to staff and visitors
- Return loaned supplies and tools
Provide own transportation
To inspire and motivate children to learn and care about the natural world. We accomplish this by providing “No Child Left Inside” environmental education programs for grades 3-12.