Business and Social Enterprise - Op Shop - Highton
What is it like to work in the Op Shop?
“Each day is different — I could be hanging and tagging donated items, working on the register, sorting items or clearing shelves that need to be dusted. Lunchtime is always busy, so while we potter about, we focus on greeting people as they walk in to the shop. What I like most about helping out here is the variety — both in the people who visit the shop and those who work here, as well as the amazing range of items that are donated to us.
There is never a dull moment and I’m grateful we all get along really well — even when we’re under the pump. We all support each other to deal with some of our more challenging customers — we know that working together is the best way to get through the day and no-one is expected to do anything they are uncomfortable with.” – Op Shop Team Member
Op Shop Team Members support in various ways. These may include: Sorting donated items Customer service and sales Pricing donated items for sale Creating displays / merchandising.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Excellent team work skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Proven reliability and punctuality.
- A positive, can-do attitude.
- Initiative with a common sense approach.
- Demonstrated experience in retail, particularly fashion (preferred).
- Ability to undertake manual handling tasks as required (lifting and storing of goods).
Uniting is committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability
- National Police Check Must be at least Completed
- Working with Children or Vulnerable People check Must be at least Completed
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon
- Saturday Morning