Child, Youth and Families - Youth Mentor
Become a Youth Mentor and make a difference to a young person’s life.
- Enhancing their social and emotional wellbeing
- Developing and improving social skills and self-esteem
- Helping them to make better choices
Youth mentoring programmes can improve outcomes across academic, behavioural, emotional, and social areas of young people’s lives. (DuBois et al.,2011).
- Board games
- Going to the movies or to the footy
- Playing sport
- Assisting with homework
- Going on a day trip
- Participating in an information session to learn more about the program, the expectations and have any questions answered
- Submitting an application form
- Attending an interview
- Completing the required checks including Police and Working with Children
- Being endorsed by senior staff Uniting supports mentors in the program in a number of ways:
- Induction and training
- Peer support sessions
- Professional development sessions
- Regular supervision and reviews
For further information on becoming a mentor, please contact Uniting Youth Mentoring Coordinator on (03) 8401 0100 or email email@example.com.
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
It is a condition of engagement that all eligible workforce in Victoria receive the COVID-19 vaccination and supporting evidence may be requested in order to perform duties at any of Uniting’s workplaces.
Uniting is also committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
- National Police Check Must be at least Completed
- Working with Children or Vulnerable People check Must be at least Completed
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account