Community Wellbeing and Capacity Building - Legal Service
Uniting Prahran’s legal service is available to eligible clients who are in need of legal counselling. This service is free and bookings can be made through our Emergency Relief service.
To be eligible people may need to meet some of the following criteria:
- be experiencing financial hardship
- hold a valid government concession card
- be an existing client in one of our programs
- other, as deemed appropriate.
We have access to a small team of lawyers who can provide pro bono legal counselling to clients in matters relating to:
- criminal law
- debt management
- family law
- disputes with tenancy, landlords or neighbours
- wills and estate related issues
- fines or infringements
- Centrelink matters
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, volunteering with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement in any service or undertaking.
- International Police Check (if required) Must be Completed
- National Police Check Must be at least Completed
- Working with Children or Vulnerable People check Must be at least Completed