Current Opportunities - Drivers | Social Support | Ballarat & Ararat
Uniting provides door to door transport service to people who have no means of transport to medical appointments. We need reliable drivers to transport older people and those with disabilities or chronic medical conditions to and from health and medical appointments.
Make a difference and improve the quality of life of our consumers by assisting them to attend vital appointments.
Uniting provides door to door transport service to people who have no means of transport to medical appointments. We need reliable drivers to transport older people and those with disabilities or chronic medical conditions to and from health and medical appointments. A Uniting fleet vehicle will be supplied for your use on the day of driving.
- Must have full Driver’s License and good driving history.
- Drivers will need to have a positive attitude and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to move mobility aids in and out of the car (not wheelchairs)
- Minimum availability 1/2 day per week (4-hours) full day shifts are also available (8 hours)
All transports are on a weekday. If you have some time to give and enjoy driving, this volunteer role is for you!
Please note: Government and Uniting Covid 19 safety guidelines are strictly followed in all of our vehicles.
(This role is suitable for people with Centrelink obligations).
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
Uniting is also committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
- National Police Check Must be at least Completed
- Working with Children or Vulnerable People check Must be at least Completed
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon