Gymnastics Volunteer Coach
City of / Ville d'Ottawa - Eva James Memorial Community Centre ~ Centre communautaire Eva James
Gymnastic Volunteer Coaches are responsible for assisting staff with Program Delivery, to include:
- Must have some gymnastic knowledge
- Assisting with set-up and take-down of Program supplies/equipment
- Interacting with participants in a positive manner
- Ensuring the participants are safe at all times and following emergency procedures in the event of an incident.
- Ensuring the safety of participants by immediately alerting staff to any difficulties that participants may be experiencing. The safety of volunteers, staff and participants is essential.
- Assisting the participants with activities in the program, as directed by the supervisor
- Understanding what is expected of them during their placement and contacting the supervisor if further clarification is required.
- Seeking assistance from staff should any task related to their volunteer placement be above the volunteer’s skill or comfort level.
- Contributing to the success of the participant’s experience
**Note: If the responsibilities of this volunteer position involve authority over or the trust of persons who are vulnerable members of society (such as children, seniors, or persons with special needs), a police records check or a criminal records check may be required before the commencement of the volunteer work. By applying, I agree to provide any such checks if requested by the City.
Reliable, responsible, mature, punctual, creative and patient
AODA Customer Service Training
AODA IASR Training
Screening Requirements :
- Ability to read & write English ~ Aptitudes sur le plan de la lecture et de l’écriture en anglais. Must be at least Basic / De base
- Ability to speak & understand English ~ Aptitudes pour l’expression verbale et la compréhension en anglais Must be at least Basic / De base
This activity generally occurs on
- Tuesday Evening
- Wednesday Evening
- Saturday - Morning, Afternoon
- Sunday Morning