Bereavement support service roles - Pet Bereavement Support Service Telephone Volunteer
About our Service
Our Service provides home-based email and phone emotional support and practical information to help pet owners with feelings of grief and loss. This may be as a result of death, illness, enforced separation, any form of loss of a pet. This year, we have supported pet owners for 25 years and also provide training to staff at Veterinary Practices and Guide Dog Centres.
What we are looking for
· A good listener and communicator
· Warm calm approachable manner
· Computer literate
· Experience of pet bereavement
· Able to complete regular written information on calls for statistical purposes
· A commitment to working a minimum of 16 hours per month (4x 4 hour shifts) 1 shift per week on the telephone support line.
· Must have a UK landline number
· Able to empathise with others
· Home based working with a quiet and undisturbed area of the home to use
· Ability to undertake 12 week training course and submit written materials
What you will be doing:
· Committing to working 4 hour shifts once a week
· Listening and supporting callers
· Signposting to other helpful resources such as websites, GP or Samaritans
· Covering shifts where possible for illness and holidays
· Maintaining confidentiality
· Having monthly support sessions with your mentor
· Contributing to the service with new ideas
Benefits to you:
- Being part of Blue Cross
- Making a difference to someone at their time of need
- Flexible volunteering from home
- Learning new skills
- Being part of a vital team and feeling supported
- 12 week training course via e learning
- Supported by other volunteers.
You can also make a donation to help more pets if you would like to.
For further information please call 01993 867216.
- Age group Must be at least 18 and older