Do you love teaching people new skills and have a passion for volunteering?
We’re looking for friendly, confident people to support, enhance and deliver our volunteer induction and training programme, ensuring we give our volunteers the tools they need to do their roles and they have the best possible experience at Blue Cross
- Confident with presenting and delivering training
- Excellent communication skills
- Good computer skills
- Able to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Prepared to attend training relevant to the role
- Reliable, enthusiastic and happy to work within our policies and procedures
- Training qualification such as Train the Trainer (or willingness to attend a course)
- Experience of representing a group or charity
- Experience of working with volunteers
You are a reliable, organised and confident person, with a passion for learning and development. You are able to work on your own as well as within a team. You are adaptable and self-motivated, have an aptitude for learning and a friendly, non-judgemental approach. You demonstrate empathy and courtesy when dealing with people. You embrace the operational procedures and policies of The Blue Cross.
Training and Support
To enable you to meet the role’s requirements, training for the role will be provided which may require travel or access online. This will provide you with information on Blue Cross, our training programme, services provided and operational policies and procedures. There will also be ongoing support and guidance from the shop manager.
Typical Tasks Include:
- Completing one to one and group volunteering induction sessions
- Training and briefing sessions for a wide variety of functions, including customer experience, retail processes, IT & database systems, compliance and H&S
- Encourage take up of volunteer training sessions and record attendance
- Input into the volunteer training programme
- Training will be via face to face sessions
- Updating records & databases as required
Access to IT equipment will be provided at the shop and may also be home based where it is expected volunteers will use their own equipment. All other resources and collateral will be provided.
- Help Blue Cross ensure pets have healthy, happy lives
- An opportunity to use existing knowledge and expertise
- Develop new skills and gain experience
- Opportunity for personal learning and development
- Gain direct experience of volunteering in a retail and animal welfare charity environment
- Contribute to community life
This volunteer role is based in our Blue Cross shop. The role requires a flexible, ongoing commitment that will vary over time.
This role is based at: Lichfield Blue Cross, 15 Market Street, Lichfield, Staffordshire, WS13 6JX
- Age group Must be at least 18 and older