Fostering - Cat Foster Carer
Cat Foster Carer
Would you like to help a cat that doesn’t have its own home? Would you like a cat but are not in a position to give long term commitment?
Blue Cross is looking for committed people who can offer foster care to pets in need, in their own homes.
What you will be doing:
- Caring for Blue Cross cats in your own home until they can be rehomed.
- Helping to continue to rehome pets in Hertfordshire, while our centre is closed for refurbishment.
- You will be providing all the care they need – feeding, cleaning, socialising, giving medication and grooming.
- Keeping accurate records, monitoring health, taking photos and videos for the cat’s rehoming profile.
- Attending vet visits when requested – some cats may have ongoing veterinary treatment, others may need just one trip.
What we are looking for:
- Located within 45 minutes travel time from our centre.
- Experience of interacting with cats and caring for cats.
- A spare room for the foster cat.
- Have your own transport.
- Preferably no other pets.
- Willingness to learn and follow Blue Cross procedures.
- Flexibility to attend vet and rehoming appointments, these may be midweek.
- Use of video calling application (such as zoom, skype, whatsapp video), and ability to send videos and photos via whatsapp.
Benefits to you:
- You’ll be helping pets to have happy, healthy lives.
- Enjoy all the joys of pet ownership without long term commitment and cost.
- Gain practical skills and experience.
- Join a great team of like-minded people.
- Arrangements will be made for holidays.
- All equipment provided and costs covered.
This opportunity is available at: Hertfordshire Rehoming Centre, Kimpton Bottom, Nr Hitchin, SG4 8EU.
- Age group Must be at least 18 and older
- Do you live within 45 minutes travelling time of a Blue Cross rehoming centre or hospital? Must be at least Yes