Volunteer Roles - Bark in the Dark – Volunteer Coordinator
Bark in the Dark – Volunteer Coordinator
Sick, injured and homeless pets have relied on Blue Cross for help since 1897. Each year, thousands of dogs, cats, small pets and horses turn to the charity’s animal hospitals, clinics and rehoming services for treatment and support.
Our spooktacular Bark in the Dark events will be taking place at four different Forestry England sites during October in Nottinghamshire, Norfolk, Hampshire and Gloucestershire. As one of our Volunteer Coordinators, you’ll play a crucial part in making this year’s Halloween-themed events even more pawsome. (PLEASE NOTE ONLY THE NORFOLK POST IS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE)
We would love you to join us and help us
help more pets in need
If you’re crazy for ghouls and ghosts and have a fondness for our four-legged friends, then perhaps this is the role for you. Blue Cross is looking for reliable and friendly volunteers to recruit and coordinate our wonderful Bark in the Dark events team. So, if you’re a good communicator with great organisational skills, we’d love to have you on board.
Here’s what we’d need you to do:
- Recruit event volunteers
- Take responsibility for the stewardship and relationship management of recruited volunteers
- Take responsibility for all volunteers on site at the event
- Carry out on-the-day briefings
- Complete all official volunteer event paperwork
- Manage event rotas
We’d love to hear from you if you’re…
- A great project manager (who considers every last detail)
- A good communicator (both in writing and in person)
- An IT and social media wizard
- Friendly and approachable
- Happy to work alone, or with others
- Willing to learn about the work of Blue Cross
All you need is:
- Access to a computer (and the internet)
- An ability to use video conferencing tools (Skype/Zoom)
- Access and an ability to use WhatsApp
- You’ll be joining a great team of like-minded people
- You’ll gain practical skills and experience
- It’ll bring a little sparkle to your CV
- You’ll be spreading trick-or-treat cheer, having fun and getting involved with your community
- And of course, you’ll be helping pets to have happy, healthy lives
How much time will you need to commit?
We’re flexible – although you MUST be available on the date of the event and attend in person.
We’d love you to join us. If you’d like to apply, or have any questions, feel free to email us: firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on 0300 777 1980.
- Age group Must be at least 18 and older