Horse Welfare Team Home Visitor
Are experienced with horses and would like an opportunity to help us help more needy horses? Would you like to volunteer but cannot give a regular commitment? Blue Cross is looking for knowledgeable people with great communication skills to help us by carrying out home visits to horses in their new homes and potential new owners in the local area.
What you will be doing:
- Carrying out home visits for horses on loan from the Blue Cross.
- Providing advice to borrowers on a range of horse care issues.
- Completing relevant visit forms.
- Reporting back to the Horse Welfare Coordinator on the outcome of home visits by phone or e-mail.
- Carrying out home visits for potential new borrowers of Blue Cross horses and ponies.
What we are looking for:
- Equine Industry experience is essential; a BHS stage 3 qualification is desirable
- Experience working with and caring for a wide range of horses is essential for this role.
- A good knowledge of horse care issues.
- The ability to work in a team or alone.
- A willingness to follow Blue Cross policy
- A reasonable fitness level
- A confident approach with an ability to deal politely and respectfully with borrowers
- A full current driving licence and vehicle.
- A personable and friendly manner.
Benefits to you:
- Develop skills and enhance your CV
- Join a great team of like-minded people
- All travel costs will be covered
- You’ll be helping horses to have happy, healthy lives
- Gain practical skills, experience and a training programme
This opportunity is available in the following locations: Wiltshire, North Dorset, West Midlands, South Derbyshire and Exeter.
Time commitment: flexible