Education - Speaker (General pet care and dog safety)
Do you enjoy working with children and young people? Do you find it rewarding to share your knowledge about responsible pet ownership with young people, influencing a new generation of pet owners and potentially improving the lives of hundreds of pets? Blue Cross is looking for confident and self-motivated volunteers to talk to groups of school children about responsible pet ownership.
What you will be doing:
- Based from home, visiting groups in your local area
- Giving talks to children under the age of 12 at local primary schools, nurseries and youth groups such as Cubs and Brownies
- Approaching local teachers and youth leaders about our education work
- Ordering resources from the education office
What we are looking for:
- You must be at least 17 years with access to reliable transport
- Computer literate with access to email
- Preferably experienced working with young people and caring for pets
- A good communicator, adaptable and self-motivated
Benefits to you:
- You’ll be helping pets to have healthy, happy lives
- A chance to encourage respect for animals and responsible pet ownership in young people
- Some volunteers bring their own dog on visits if the dog passes the Blue Cross temperament test (to find out more about the dog test click here )
- You will be given a resource kit, polo shirt and out of pocket expenses
- A two part distance learning course (to find out more about the course click here )
- Gain practical skills and experience for your CV
- Join a great team of like-minded people
Time commitment: we ask for at least four talks of one hour per term mostly during weekdays and evenings
This opportunity is available nationwide across the UK, and in your own local community.
If you would prefer not to login to our system directly then please email email@example.com for an application form.
- Age group Must be at least 16 and older
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyVolunteerPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account