Volunteer Roles - Bark in the Dark – Trick or Treat Sidekick
Bark in the Dark – Trick or Treat Sidekick
Sick, injured and homeless pets have relied on Blue Cross for help since 1897. Each year, thousands of dogs, cats, small pets and horses turn to the charity’s animal hospitals, clinics and rehoming services for treatment and support.
Our spooktacular Bark in the Dark events will be taking place at four different Forestry England sites during October in Nottinghamshire, Norfolk, Hampshire and Gloucestershire. As the Trick or Treat Master’s loyal assistant, you’ll play a crucial part in making this year’s Halloween-themed events even more pawsome.
We would love you to join us and help us
help more pets in need
If you’re crazy for ghouls and ghosts and have a fondness for our four-legged friends, then perhaps this is the role for you. Blue Cross is looking for reliable and friendly volunteers to give our Trick or Treat Master a helping hand this Halloween.
As one of their trusty workers, you’ll be responsible for sourcing and wrapping presents to perfection – and your handiwork won’t go unnoticed. We’ll be taking your gorgeously gift-wrapped trick and treat packages to the Blue Cross Bark in the Dark events across the UK. Help us to surprise boys and girls and treat all those well-behaved (and mischievous) dogs.
Here’s what we’d need you to do:
- Source suitable ‘trick’ and ‘treat’ gifts for kids of all ages (and dogs!)
- Wrap the presents
- Arrange delivery of the goods to forest sites
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You’re friendly and approachable
- You’re happy to work alone, or with others
- You possess enviable gift-wrapping skills
- You’re willing to learn about the work of Blue Cross
All you need is:
- Access to a computer (and the internet)
- An ability to use video conferencing tools (Skype/Zoom)
- Access and an ability to use WhatsApp
- You’ll be joining a great team of like-minded people
- You’ll gain practical skills and experience
- It’ll bring a little sparkle to your CV
- You’ll be spreading trick-or-treat cheer, having fun and getting involved with your community
- And of course, you’ll be helping pets to have happy, healthy lives
How much time will you need to commit?
We’d love you to join us. If you’d like to apply, or have any questions, feel free to email us: firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on 0300 777 1980.
- Age group Must be at least 16 and older