Fundraising - Fundraising Ambassador
Are you outgoing and enjoy interacting with people? Do you enjoy attending local shows and events? Blue Cross is looking for reliable and friendly volunteers to help run promotional events in the local area to promote our work. We are also looking for volunteers to help organise events and join our local fundraising group.
What you will be doing:
- Attend events in the local area to promote the work of the Blue Cross
- Tell people about Blue Cross encourage them to visit or support us
- Setting an agreed income target for the year with the Community Fundraiser
- Creating fundraising opportunities with local businesses, community groups and key individuals.
- Talking to individuals and groups of people about the work of Blue Cross.
- Developing good links with local press, ensuring Blue Cross press team are involved.
- Representing Blue Cross at events.
- Writing correspondence regarding fundraising on behalf of Blue Cross.
- Processing income.
What we are looking for:
- Excellent customer care skills
- Good communication skills and confident talking to the public
- Happy to work alone or with others
- Friendly and approachable manner
- Experience of motivating and inspiring people.
- Be able to forge links within the community.
- Good organisational skills.
- Comfortable with cash handling.
- Ability to negotiate.
- Access to transport.
Benefits to you:
- You’ll be helping pets to have happy, healthy lives
- Gain practical skills and experience
- Training including Guest customer care and full briefing on the work of Blue Cross
- Have fun and get involved with a range of local events
- Join a great team of like-minded people
- Enhance your CV
Time commitment is flexible for this role.
You must be aged 18 years and above for this role.
- Age group Must be at least 18 and older